- I came home from work sat on the couch scrolling through r/playstation and I notice a frenzy happening. Pre-orders were live! A lovely fellow Canuck had posted the link to Best Buy.ca so I went there ASAP and nervously waited as the wheel spun and spun. Luckily it went through and I got my confirmation email! I bought the disc edition as I like to buy physical copies and then lend them out to friends.
- I finished Final Fantasy X two nights ago. It’s still bugging me. The ending was crushing on my heart. The story telling and characters were so special. I really loved my time playing it.
- I’ve started Final Fantasy X-2 and it’s hard to get into as quickly as FFX. I’ve found my groove now but it sure took a long, long time.
- So far I really like the Festival outfits in FFX-2. Black Mage isn’t that hot but perhaps as I get to a higher level it will feel more powerful.
- I bought a new gaming laptop. It has a GeForce RTX 2060, an i7 and 17 inch screen made by Aorus. It’s pretty smexy.
- I downloaded the Opera gaming browser and I can say it is now my favorite. I stopped using Chrome ages ago and was rocking Brave and Firefox until now. If you game definitely check it out.
Gaming, gaming and more gaming! I’ve been on a great roll.
- Finished Ghost of Tsushima and loved it! It’s the best time I’ve had in so long. Definitely in my top 10 of all time now. The one thing this game did right was costume upgrades. What a pleasure to find new dyes, masks and style my Jin like a Barbie doll.
- Fall Guys! I was so lucky to get this free on PS Plus. Too bad I already bought it on Steam first. So I rock two accounts. I must say PS4 is much more enjoyable to play on than a keyboard.
- On my Switch I bough Luigi’s Mansion 3 on sale. I don’t play as much as other games but great none the less.
- After GoT I bought Final Fantasy X/X-2 redux on PS4. This is one game I never played when it first came out though I wanted to so bad. I remember getting my Playstation magazine and it had a spread of all the outfits and stats for FFX-2. I was blown away by the creativity of the designs. Finally I can play it. I love it! Lulu, Waka, Auron etc all such great looking characters. I’m almost done X and can start X-2 soon.
- As I write this post I’m downloading World of Warcraft again. Time to get ready for Shadowlands! I’m also downloading PUBG from PS Plus. I do love PUBG and played a lot when it came out.
- I’m reading Ooku manga. It’s adult themed and set in an alternative reality feudal Japan where the Shogun is female (men are in short supply) and the harem is filled with men! This isn’t a “harem” trope though its quite serious intrigue in a gender bend environment. It’s really good so far. Apparently there is a live action so I will have to dig around to see if I can find a version with subtitles online.
I was so shocked to win my brain fried and I forgot how to press PrtSc so I grabbed my cell and took a quick pic. My jelly guy was dancing. Not the best shot but at least I have proof!
The final game was Hex a Gone. I fell through so fast so I just kept running the out perimeter working towards the middle. It seemed to work for me. I had zero expectation of winning this round since it was the first time I played it but this worked in my favor. I wasn’t worried about others and just did my thing. I was so shocked to have won.
I have two crowns now. I’m going to hold on and collect until I see an epic costume to buy them with.
I’m currently playing it. What an amazing game. I’ll write my thoughts more on this game in the future.
Playing reminded me of an anime I watched in 2018 called Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion. It’s on Crunchyroll to watch. I quite liked it back then. It’s not mind blowing but still an interesting tale. A tale of desperation and bravery trying to survive the Mongols.
I’m actually thinking of re-watching again after finishing the game. New context from the game may improve how much I enjoy it again. Perhaps I could read the manga instead!
It’ a brutal anime with violence but that’s the reality of war.
- I’m not into the new WordPress editor. I trialed it and lasted 2 min and went back. Who has time to search for features that were easier to find before.
- Stopped playing LotR game. No reason really but just seemed to lose interest.
- Civilization VI again. I am so bad at this game but i never get bored world building in it.
- Watching My Hero Academia. I didn’t think I would like it so I never bothered before until this month with the scant interesting new releases. Boy, was I wrong. I LOVE it. This is what super heroes should be like. Japan always does it better even with action heroes.
- The Ghost of Tsushima video clips look amazing. I have vacation in August so I’ll be buying this to play. $80 is getting pricey for a game so I pray it’s as fun as it looks.
- I love the Tim Pool cast on YouTube. It comes on at the perfect time to listen to in the back ground while I’m doing stuff around the house.
- I’m reading a book about the history of the Druids. It’s alright. I’ve learned a few things like how Oak groves were sacred…whoop dee doo.
- Finished the manga “Kingdom” by Yasuhisa Hara. A solid 9.5/10. Amazing battle scenes with characters you love to cheer for and love to hate.
- Finished Final Fantasy VII the remake. Loved it too. I would give it a 8.5/10.
- Currently playing on PC – Middle Earth Shadow of War. The orc nemesis system is so much fun and a great feature. Can’t believe I missed this game when it first came out. Anything Tolkien related is alright in my books.
- Discovered Internet Archive website and loving the huge selection of manga without ads on it. Manga recently finished on there: Monster, 21st Century Boys, Worst and currently reading Urameshiya about “One cold winter, a young woman appeared near the bridge, and tempted a man. The man accepted her offer, and was found dead the next morning. There has been an unusual number of freezing deaths this year… With unusual ghostly powers, this necromancing fairy goes on to solve the mysteries of Edo and take on challenge after challenge in the 1st issue of this popular series!! “
- Read the first four books of The Wheel of Time series. I want to finish before the Amazon Prime live action is released.
- Started a Pimsleur account to learn Japanese. So far so good.
- Re-watching Avatar the Last Airbender on Netflix. I’m on Book of Earth. I’m loving it as much as I did the first time. It’s even more fun with the active Reddit that is very active atm to geek out on.
- I finished reading and watching all of Initial D. So naturally I’m neck deep on Youtube with drifting videos by Noriyaro, AdamC3046 and JDM Masters.
It’s Sunday and the servers are getting swollen. Looks like there will be mega queues tomorrow. Even with four new servers on Monday I believe they will fill up instantly.
I bet many people are buying their sub tomorrow as they aren’t as invested in getting a specific name. Kudos to them as I think I fell for the bait myself and then only getting one name I really wanted from a list of six. And then I went for RP PVP which has strict naming rules so it was a fluke my name fit in the parameters.
I do plan on making an Alliance on Old Blanchy tomorrow. I can’t resist as I’m old in RL and the name has Old in it. Perhaps it will be the Gen X and Boomer server!
MY TIPS FOR BEATING THE QUEUE:
- If you are PST go for an EST server. With the three hour difference hopefully the kiddies will be logging of when you are logging in.
- The second you get home from work log in and then go shower, eat dinner and hopefully it will be not to long of a wait after that.
I took off the first week of September because I know the first week will be a gong show with queues. I want my time off to be spent not pulling my hair out. I’m going hang loose this week and just accept the fact of the long wait to play.
Recently when commuting home I asked my adult kid to put on Gary Numan’s Cars on Spotify. We jammed out and then the auto play put on another song by Mr. Numan called M.E. Well it left us gobsmacked. We knew right away that this was a special song.
Why? Where’s Your Head At by Basement Jaxx was using this as the track! My kids used to love playing Disney’s Extreme Skate Adventure and this was a song on that soundtrack. I hope he got royalties!
So I it got me real curious about this song. I can feel so many bands were inspired by his vibe like MGMT. I have no proof but just a hunch. So I went off to GENIUS and found the info on the song.
It’s really brilliant. M.E. stands for mechanical engineering.
The song M.E. is sung from the point of view of the last living machine on Earth. The people have all died, the planet is laid waste and its own power source is running down, I used to have a picture in my mind of this sad and desperately alone machine standing in a desert-like wasteland, just waiting to die.
With all the talk of A.I. recently I feel like Mr. Numan was a real visionary way back in 1979. This search lead me to the discovery of a book “Gary Numan Tracks Song By Song Album By Album: Volume 1 by Paul Goodwin” that is about every song he wrote and the meaning behind them. I think I will check it out once I catch up with my reading list.
I was lucky enough in a way to be around at the end of Vanilla. I’ve bought every expansion released thereafter. I’ve had mini hiatuses with the game. The longest being with BfA.
This time around I wanted to do everything as different as I can. This is my opportunity to have the perfect play through. So I’m rolling a male Orc Shaman. The one class I have never leveled. All my mains have been female Belfs before.
Here he is!
I am also rolling on Grobbulus as it is the only RP-PVP server. I’ve never RP’d before and love PVP so it seemed a good fit. Honestly, I’m going to give it my best go and if I’m not feeling it I will just pay for the server transfer. I will level engineering and mining as I plan to make PVP my first priority.
I have even registered with a guild before launch. I scoured all the forums read up on what the guilds offer. I want a big size guild that does RP and PVP. I seems I found it. Fingers crossed it works out well.
I have two bank alts made. A shadow priest Troll who will do enchanting and tailoring to make me bags. Also a Forsaken rogue to collect herbs and make potions. I may be advantageous with my plan and if it is costing to much gold I will let them rest until my main is level 60.
Here’s to trying new things and approaches!
With nothing to do while waiting for Classic WoW I started watching old WoW Machinima. I think I watched every Oxhorn video. His ROFLMAO! has 17 million views.
Gosh that guy is talented. I just found out he has written a book too which I plan to buy on Kindle called The Tale of Cloran Hastings.
Also loved the funniest naughty one called First of May. Trust me this video will make you blush and feel a little hot under the collar. lmao!
This has me itching to make my own WoW movies just for shits and giggles. So I watched Nixxiom’s tutorials and downloaded WoW Model Viewer. All hyped I opened it up and got the dreaded ERROR messages. Off to the forums which seemed to have minimal action. Worried I found their Discord instead. I posted to get help but nothing. Yet I noticed them talking among themselves so it must be a cliquey thing. Le sigh…..
It seems many people have the same issues. As its a free resource it takes time for updates. I would be willing to pay if I could get a working version. I’m almost ready to offer someone to Teamviewer into my comp to see if they can get it running but who to ask that can be trusted?
When I start it, I say yes to load World of Warcraft. After I say yes to load the viewer another box pops up asking for Locale. The first choice closes the program. The second choice enUS(8.20(31478) opens it but with all white models with no textures.
A nice chap on YouTube responded a fix that worked for them was using a privater server vanilla client. And then downloading this ancient version of the Model Viewer. It sounds feasible but I’m worried with WoW Classic releasing I might screw up things worse with all these WoW folders. (I’m pretty sub par with computing.)
Here’s hoping a new version that works comes out soon!